Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ear Candy: Florence and the Machine

I love, love, love Florence and the Machine. I originally discovered the band last summer while hanging out with some friends at Trax bar. The video for Rabbit Heart was playing and even though I could hardly hear it, the video left an impression. I used the song ID function on my phone to figure out the name of the artist and never followed up on my new discovery. Fast forward to last month, after compiling a list of my favorite albums of 2009 someone commented that the only album missing was Lungs by Florence and the Machine. So, I went out and picked up a copy; I started kicking myself in the ass for not doing it sooner.

Florence's voice is an amalgamation of many, elements of Kate Bush, La Roux, Allison Goldfrapp, Kate Nash, and even a hint of Bjork can be heard. Lungs is a haunting collection of 13 of the best tracks music has to offer.

Candy for the ears: Howl, My Boy Builds Coffins, Rabbit Heart (Raise it up), Kiss with a Fist, Girl with One Eye


Follow @HarryEnvy on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment