Thursday, February 25, 2010

Idol Envy: Top 24 pt. 3 - "So Long, Farewell"


Now that I've had some time to digest the previous two nights of Idol, I've come to the conclusion that the Idol phenomenon is reaching its end. Last season was sooooo good and I could not wait for Tuesday nights, so far no one contestant has impressed me. I may change my tune once the final 12 have been chosen and the nerves subside.

My predictions for the night, I think we will be saying so long farewell to the following Idol hopefuls
Lacey Brown
Ashleigh Rodriguez
Tim Urban
John Park

Now onto tonight's result show...

Our first causalty of the night went to Janell Wheller. I had listed Janell as one of the girls in trouble of leaving Idol and after listening to her rendition of What About Love again I'm not sad to see her go. Song choice is key people and this song was not the right one for her.

Number 2 went to Ashley Rodriguez. I said she'd be leaving tonight and I was right. I did not enjoy her performance at all, it was not memorable. And did she not look pissed that she got axed, not to mention she was giving some tude. Not sad to see her go at all.

Next up, the gentleman. Boy, was this a shocker; even little cutie Tim was surprised his name wasn't called, did you see the look on his face?? I had commented that Joe did not have the star quality needed for the competition, but I had thought his voice would have given him a shot into next week. Joe's final performance was way better tonight than it was last night. If he had done this last night Tim would be packing his bags.

And the next semi-shocker is Tyler Grady. I may have been a little surprised he was eliminated tonight, I did say he was in jeopardy of possibly leaving I just expected America to give him other chance. But after John, Todrick, and Tim already survived to sing again I knew things looked grim for Mr. Tyler. Upon hearing him sing again I still think his performance was lackluster and felt like he did not care now that he was out. Tyler has potential and needs to find himself a backing band to help make him into a star.


Sometimes American gets it wrong, but this is a competition after all and there can only be ONE winner. So, let's give these kids a few more moments in the limelight because it doesn't shine forever.

Envy Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment