Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Idol Envy: Top 24 pt. 2 - Boys Say Go!



Last night the ladies did not sparkle as I had hoped, let's see if the men of this season learned from the girls mistakes.

~ Toderick Hall performed Since You've Been Gone
Boy did he miss the mark. I liked that he chose to do something out of the box, it just didn't sound good at all. Toderick has talent, we've seen that from his previous auditions. This was not the right song for him and it may have cost him a spot in the next round.

~ Aaron Kelly performed Here Comes Goodbye
I'm not the biggest fan of country music, I have a few favorites and that's it. But I did enjoy Aaron's performance, he was nervous and it showed. He has potential and he's a cutie, so teenage girls will totally be calling his number. He's 16 and needs to build up his confidence other than that the top 12 is in his future.

~ Jermaine Sellers performed Get Here
He has a nice voice, got a bit pitchy on some of the higher notes. I think he chose the right genre of song, but this particular song may have been bigger then he expected. He has potential, but was trying to hard with this performance. We'll have to wait and see what America thinks.

~ Tim Urban performed Apologize
Swoon... he's so dreamy. Tim was given a second chance at the top 24 after that Chris what's his name was booted, and the poor kid blew it. He chose the wrong song, his falsetto cracked with each high note. He may get some sympathy votes, in which case if by some miracle he does survive another week, song choice, song choice, song choice!!

~ Joe Munoz performed You and I Both
He's good, not a fan of his vocal styling, the Jason Marz vibe really does nothing for me. Needless to say, Joe will move on. He doesn't quite have that star quality so a spot in the top 12 may not be in his grasp.

~ Tyler Grady performed American Woman
This boy oozes seventies sexuality, a bit of an amalgamation of Mick Jagger and Jim Morrison. Tyler's performance was lackluster, where was the energy? There is potential and if he gets his act together and doesn't let his ego fuck it up, I can see him as this season La Lambert. We'll see what happens.

~ Lee Dewyze performed Chasing Cars
I'm reminded of David Cook (I thought this before the judges started the comparision). He has a good voice and will make it to next week. I would like to see what Lee can do in the rounds to come.

~ John Park performed God Bless the Child
In this stage of the competition I need to be wowed; this song did not do it. I was bored. Vocally he does have a voice and did a decent job on the song but I wanted more out of this performance. I will not be surprise if he does not make it to the next round.

~ Michael Lynche performed This Love
Michael will make it through and be in the top 12, mainly because the producers forced his story down our throats during Hollywood week. Actually it is because he has a voice, so far the best guy of the season. He's extremely likable and America will easily fall in love with him.

~ Alex Lambert performed What a Wonderful World
I can hear the nerves, he has a nice voice and will more than likely make it into the next round. He needs to control those nerves and become more comfortable on stage. Hopefully he can calm himself down and last a little while longer. Like Ellen said he needs to ripen.

~ Casey James performed Heaven
Casey's kinda cute in that hippie surfer way. Very nice voice, cougars will be swooning over this one's laid back style and open shirtness. He may not be my style, but he is talented. Top 12 is in his future.

~ Andrew Garcia performed Sugar Were Going Down
I'm reminded of Danny Gokey, don't really know why. I loved his Straight Up cover he did during Hollywood week and I dug this performance of down tempo Fall Out Boy. Andrew may be one of the best guys in the competition; he'll easily make the final 12, and I can see him in the final 4. Regardless of the judges critiques I enjoyed this performance.

In the end, song choice was key. After 9 seasons you'd think these contestants would know better. Overall, no one contestant won me over completely; there are a few I liked and will come to enjoy seeing them perform each week.

I think the following guys are in trouble
Toderick Hall
Tim Urban
Tyler Grady
John Park
Alex Lambert

Who got my vote: Alex Lambert, Lee Dewyze, and a gave Tim Urban a sympathy vote.

We'll see how this all plays out Thursday night

Envy Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment