Monday, March 22, 2010

Idol Envy Top 11: You're No Good + Elimination Night



Every week is a big week for these contestants, but tonight the 10 who move on will become the Idols you will be seeing on this year's upcoming Idol tour, so the pressure is on and many cracked under it this week.

This week's theme was Billboard's #1 hits with their mentor... Miley Cyrus??? Whatever.

Lee Dewyze ~ The Letter
Lee has finally broken out of his shell. Our resident rocker went the big band route with his rendition of the Letter. He did a great job on his vocals and he looked like he was enjoying himself on stage.

Paige Miles ~ Against All Odds
Why, oh why does Paige chose these big songs? I'm sorry but that was terrible, Paige should have gone home last week; Lacey's performance may have been boring but at least she sounded good. Paige has been lost since she entered the Top 24. The judge's kept reminding us that Paige has a great voice, but I think they are lying. Paige needs to go.

Tim Urban ~ Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Oh Tim, you are taking a huge, huge risk by doing Queen. At least you look like you're having fun on stage because vocally there was nothing special there. He's the weakest of the guys, but Paige is so much worse.

Aaron Kelly ~ I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
That was a great performance and the boy was sick. Aaron did a bang up job. This was the perfect choice for his voice, he's been pretty good at choosing the right songs for his vocal range.

Crystal Bowersox ~ Me and Bobby McGee
What a perfect song for Ms. Bowersox. Crystal is extremely comfortable on that stage and each week it shows. Great performance. My only negative critique, I hated her outfit.

Michael Lynche ~ When a Man Loves a Woman
Michael can sing sappy love songs, he did a great job tonight, his falsetto was working tonight. Even though he sounded great, I was a bit bored.

Andrew Garcia ~ Heard It Through the Grapevine
Andrew is a funny one. He peaked super early and has been chasing that moment the last few weeks. Sad to say this week was nothing special. His vocals were okay, but I know he can do better. Also, this wasn't the best song for him.

Katie Stevens ~ Big Girls Don't Cry
Sometimes I forget Katie is only 17, her voice is just so mature. She had a few pitch problems but overall she did a good job.

Casey James ~ Power of Love
I was slightly entertained with Casey's performance this week (last week I was bored, so this is a good thing). I didn't like this song for him, he didn't bring anything new to the song he sounded just like Huey. In general, I'm not a huge fan of Casey, this might be because I'm not a cougar and his allure hasn't mesmerized me.

Didi Benami ~ You're No Good
I waver when it comes to Didi. I'm not a fan (she doesn't excite me) but I think she has a unique voice. With tonight's performance, I liked the concept, it just was not executed well. Didi may be finding herself in the bottom three this week.

Siobhan Magnus ~ Superstition
It's safe to say by now you know I love me Ms. Siobhan, and this week it is no different. Siobhan has been channeling Adam Lambert and I am loving it. I do agree with Simon that Siobhan's performances will split her voters, either you are gonna love it or hate it. Overall, Siobhan has a voice on her that I can not get enough of.


************************************************************************************

Predictions going into tonight's elimination are Paige, Tim, and Andrew (or Didi) rounding out this week's bottom three. Here's how it went.

1) Paige
2) Tim
Big surprise that these two are the first ones in the bottom 3 tonight.
3) Katie - okay, I did not think she'd be in this spot this week.

First to return to the safe couches... Katie (because she didn't deserve to be there in the first place)

So who went home.. Paige (Finally!)

So, Paige was told she would not be saved this week and with the pressure off she actually sounded great. Now where was this girl the last few weeks?? Needless to say, even if the judge's were going to offer her the chance of the save her performances the last few weeks were not those of an Idol.

~ ENVY OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment