Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Idol Envy: Top 16 pt. 1 - What it Feels Like for a Girl


The elusive Top 12 is only a week away and the ladies needed to be on their A game tonight if they hoped to make it in. Sadly, not everyone received the memo.

~ Katie Stevens performed Breakaway
I've liked Katie since her original audition and do believe she has potential. The problem, she took a risk on a big song and failed to deliver the goods. She had a few nice moments but overall it was a very rocky performance. America may give her another shot, but the odds aren't that great.

~ Siobhan Magnus performed The House of the Rising Sun
I love this girl!!! My favorite of the season. The performance was beautiful; Siobhan is one of the best girls in the competition. I love my dark horse with the melancholy voice. Get ready Top 12, because here she comes.

~ Lacey Brown performed The Story
Boring performance aside, this was the right song for her. Lacey sounded really good tonight. Will we remember this performance tomorrow, probably not, but she'll most likely make Top 12.

~ Katelyn Epperly performed I Felt the Earth Move
Last week, she did an amazing job with Coldplay's The Scientist, tonight she did a Karaoke version of Carole King. Yes, she has nice voice but her performance lacked that wow factor Simon is looking for. I was bored, and she looked it too.

~ Didi Benami performed Rhiannon
Okay, I don't know how I feel about Didi. She hasn't wowed me with any of her performances; yes, she has a lovely voice and tonight she chose the right song for herself - but who cares. Didi will most likely get into the Top 12.

~ Paige Miles performed Smile
Paige hasn't chosen the right songs for her voice range since entering the Top 24. She has a great voice, but the songs she's been singing aren't allowing her voice to shine. Each week Paige has been listed in my those in jeopardy section and I think this week will be her last.

~ Crystal Bowersox performed Give Me One Reason to Stay Here
Crystal really is the girl to beat; she's polished, energetic, and has an amazing voice. She had the best performance of the night. I needed her upbeat performance after so many down tempo songs.

~ Lilly Scott performed I Fall to Pieces
I'm still loving Lilly, she did an excellent job on this song. Lilly has something that makes me what to listen to her. Top 12 is in her reach.

Crystal, Lilly, and Siobhan had the best performances of the night and are guaranteed spots in the Top 12. So, who will be joining them? I think Lacey, Didi, and Katelyn will more than likely take the final 3 female spots of this years Top 12. Katie and Paige are the two in jeopardy of leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Katie made it into the Top 12 and Katelyn is eliminated Thursday night.

My votes went to Siobhan Magnus and Lilly Scott

~ ENVY OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment