Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Idol Envy: Top 10 What Becomes of the Broken Hearted + Elimination Night




This week's theme was R&B with their mentor Usher. Let's see who fucked this week up.

Siobhan Magnus ~ Through the Fire
Siobhan, honey this was not your night. I love this girl and will be calling till my fingers bleed. She has the talent, she just had an off night. There were pitch problems that we could not escape from, her killer high notes were amazing and I loved them. It's her signature thing, people are either gonna love it or hate it. I felt her nerves took over tonight, here's hoping America gives this girl some love because she deserves to stay.

Casey James ~ Hold On I'm Coming
Still not a fan. With that said, that was a great performance. He was in his element and you could feel the energy. I do prefer a more rocker Casey than the laid back surfer Casey. Song choice was great, this song has a great melody that is super catchy and will be stuck in my head through the commercial break.

Michael Lynche ~ Ready for Love
Girls, they be swooning. I can not deny that Michael has an amazing voice, this was a stellar performance. Michael is one of the best guys in this competition. His ballads are great, and he reminds me of Luther Vandross.

Didi Benami ~ What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
Didi quit crying!! First off, I thought Didi looked stunning. Secondly, it wasn't a bad performance, but wished their was more. Didi has never been a favorite of mine and honestly I don't think her voice is as strong as some of the other girls. I think if Siobhan had chosen that song she would have killed it, Didi's flat lined. I feel she's in danger of going home; if not this week than very soon.

Tim Urban ~ Sweet Love
I have a lot of friends who can't stand Tim and I know the website www.Votefortheworst.com has chosen Tim has their Idol poster boy this year. I highly recommend checking out the site, it's hilarious. But to be honest he's not as terrible has we think; granted he's not amazing, but at least he's trying. This week's performance was on the boring side and he's been holding on by a thread in this competition since he started, so will this be Tim's final week? Will have to wait and see.

Andrew Garcia ~ Forever
FINALLY!!!! Now this is the Andrew Garcia that I remember. This was the perfect song, it was a great performance, and has proven why he deserves to be here. Now, next week he needs to maintain this level of goodness and I will agree with Simon, Andrew needs to show more personality. Oh, and Mama Garcia is awesome!

Katie Stevens ~ Chain of Fools
Katie is getting better, she still has some work to do; but overall I can't help but not like this girl. I enjoyed her song choice and I see her potential. The judges still seem to waver between the direction she should take as an artist, if she's still around when Idol goes Country we'll see if Simon is right.

Lee Dewyze ~ Treat Her Like a Lady
Last week, Lee hit a turning point and this week he continued on the path. This was by far Lee's best performance. I felt his energy, his vocals were solid and he sounded great. I go back and forth with Lee, I like him but I'm not totally in love with him; overall, I was entertained tonight.

Crystal Bowersox ~ Midnight Train to Georgia
Crystal changed it up this week by dropping the guitar and put herself behind a piano, she did a beautiful job. I wasn't a fan at first but each week Crystal is growing on me. She is so well rounded and polished. One of the best performances of the night.

Aaron Kelly ~ Ain't No Sunshine
Last year, this was the song that proved Kris Allen could take the competition. Will it hold the same for Aaron? He had some issues with the vocals in the beginning but as the song went he found his footing. He has potential and America loves this kid so he'll be back next week.

Another Idol show is done, and it was an improvement over last weeks show. Best performances of the night went to Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze.
Worst of the night go to Didi Benami and Siobhan Magnus (I don't like writing Siobhan and worst in the same sentence.)

Who gets my vote: Siobhan, she is better than this performance and needs my love and support.


************************************************************************************

It's Elimination Night!!!
My predictions going into tonight's elimination are of the following, Didi and Tim and my definite choices, with the third being either Katie or Siobhan (I'm hoping if it is Siobhan, she's the first to go back to the couches).

Let's see how this plays out....

Seat 1 went to Katie (I was a little scared since Siobhan was put on the spot with Katie and did you see how shocked she was? I seriously think she thought she was going home after last night's performance.)
Seat 2 went to Didi - not surprised
Seat 3 went to smiling Tim Urban - again, are we really surprised Tim is in the bottom another week?

Once the three are assembled center stage, Ryan sends Katie back to the couches. Now between the two remaining Idols, Didi should stay, but I feel Tim may be with us another week. And I'm right.

So, Didi gets her final chance to sway the judges. For her final song she chose to perform Rhiannon. This song was perfect for her voice and she sounded great, but I had a feeling that the judges weren't going to use the save on her. Again, I was right.

~ ENVY OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment